To become the leading centre of excellence in economic policy research and analysis in Zimbabwe.
To undertake customer-driven research and capacity building activities to promote a culture of evidence-based policy-making and implementation processes in Zimbabwe.
- To build research capacity for economic policy analysis and management.
- To produce first-rate and well-articulated applied economic policy research and analysis to inform government policy decisions in accordance with priorities and targets set by the government and the private sector.
- To diffuse high quality research and policy analysis relevant to current and medium-term economic policy issues in Zimbabwe
- To build capacity within Government to utilize economic policy research and analysis on a sustainable basis
- To assist the country to seize development opportunities and contributing to its emergence as a knowledge based economy
- To provide tailor made short and long term training in Economic Policy Management to Government economists in ministries dealing with economic issues.
- To network with other policy analysis and research institutions
- To serve as a platform for collating best practices for national economic management, thus emerging as a gateway for sharing knowledge in applied economic policy research and analysis.